Friday, December 13, 2013

Canon 1000f - Portra 400


So I used a roll of Portra 400 using my Canon 1000f at the wedding and was overall pleased with the results, like the previous time I used portra it definitely delivered reliable shots :)

STATS
13 keeps 24 fails (36 exposures - 1 freebie)

Fails Reasons: I did something I haven't done in a very long time, I didn't set my shutter fast enough for a few shots so they turned out blurry! I'm still shaking my head that I did that :p Also all the shots I took at night at the reception were horrid! The reception area had, let's just say, interesting lighting and only my b&w shots could save the day :)

Things to remember: Check your shutter speed that it's not lower than your lens, aka if you are using a 50mm lens don't have the shutter slower than 1/50th of a second or a 35mm don't go below 35! Rookie error! Also portra is reliable so if your shooting in bad lighting portra is going to capture that bad light for you :p And finally always always overexposure colour film!

2 comments:

  1. yay beautiful pictures. I have just bought kodak portra 160 and hoping to try it out soon. I am a little worried if 160 might be too low..I need to use it on a bright day I guess

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if your camera can compensate for the film a bit you'll be alright :) Or yeah choose a sunny day :)

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)