Monday, January 13, 2014

Woodford Folk Festival 2013-2014

A few days after Christmas, Ben and I headed to Woodford where a festival happens once a year, starting on Boxing Day and going through to New Year's Day. Our friends always make a big trip out of it, stay for the week long camp. Ben and I just went for the day and I pretty much spent the entire time melting! Oh my goodness it was so hot, it would of been close to 40 degrees that day (just happened to pick the hottest day of the festival) and since there was not a lot of shade I kind of went crazy! I'm always the first to proclaim I love the heat and summer and being hot but it was that belting down kind of sun that made me feel crazy and dizzy and I think I got mad at Ben for buying me a poster...sorry Ben!



The festival itself contains lots of different tents and inside - bands and workshops, talks and other random creative things - we made ourselves an itinerary before we let but that kind of got abandoned in the heat :p



It's sort of hard to see in this photos but the few places that did have trees, people flocked to like crazy!



I loved her butterfly wings above!


We were meant to stay for the night parade but Ben knew I was in trouble when I stopped taking photos (a sign that something isn't right with fee). Ben kept pointing out photographic things but I was in another World :p Maybe next year I'll give Woodford another chance but make sure check the weather forecast beforehand :P

On the plus side I did get to watch Darren Hanlon perform and he was awesome as ever!

10 comments:

  1. oh, you have no idea how much I envy you the sun... beautiful pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look back on this post when its rainy or cold or both and curse myself too!

      Delete
  2. The Ruth the Acrobat photo cracks me up! I can see how festivals can be overwhelming because of the amount of people but it looks like so much fun and so jelly of the amount of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe we didn't get a photo of someone as her! *gasp* again I blame my brain melting and lack of photo taking :P I probably shouldn't be whinging of the sunshine should I? Sorry guys xoxo

      Delete
  3. Heat does funny things to us! I am always cranky when it's crazy hot and not my usual self. That said, the festival looks awesome and so full of interesting people. I love the lady with the butterfly wings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally blaming the heat on my next level cranky-ness :P he he he To give the festival credit it definitely is full of awesome things and people and delicious food - I look forward to attempting it again next year :)

      Delete
  4. Been reading a lot about the heat in Australia in the news.
    This festival looks very fun, nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't complain I actually love summer :) Maybe my biggest complaint was the festival had all these dams with big signs saying "no swimming" too cruel! :P

      Delete
  5. Oh poor Fee (and Ben! ;p) My mom hometown feels like an oven in summer so she also has to deal with my dizzyness (and bad temper ;p) when we are on a visit. What kind of food do they give on festivals there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I'm such a happy sun person too but I guess I have my limits :P he he he. They had such amazing food there - cuisine from all around the World :) I ended up with a yummy rice dish and two different kebabs and some sort of amazing tropical ice drink which I got two of - they helped my bad temper!!! :)

      Delete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)