Saturday, May 10, 2014

The best dressed Kitten

Now it's time to show you the best dressed dude at the party, a dude named Gremlin!!


I saw this waistcoat looking thing, at a thrift store, hanging up in the kids section. At first I wasn't really sure what it was but I got the idea in my head that it could possibly be for Gremlin, so I found a cat shaped plush toy, tested it out and hurrah! When I bought it to the counter the ladies were picking it up asking what it was, I kind of stayed quiet until one of them said "ah it's a waistcoat for a teddy bear" yup yup *nod nod* then the line of questioning turned to me removing said teddy bear waistcoat off a teddy bear as it didn't have a price tag, yikes! Anyway they sold it to me, gremlin didnt mind wearing it and the rest is history. 

Ahh so handsome! He also got out of wearing it an hour or so into the night just to verify that I'm not a cat torturer :p

I wonder if it was for a teddy bear?

18 comments:

  1. oh, too cute :) and I doubt he minded all that much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is definitely a tolerant little dude :)

      Delete
  2. aw so sweet! I hate when there aren't price tags on things and the people running the op shop think you took the tag off or something, so awkward >_>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, often I won't take it to the counter for that reason especially when they have signs saying "no tag no sale". I looked at something from their front display cabinet the other day and that didn't even have a price tag on it and I wanted to say - see you do forget!

      Delete
  3. aw, what a cute little vest! *-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Gremlin kept the vest on that long. Anytime I try to put sweaters on my cats my just shuffle backwards as it that will shake it off. Train them young, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we're definitely trying to load him up on all the most hated stuff, baths, car trips, walking, wearing clothes :P lol

      Delete
  5. Ahaha, this made me smile! The mystery behind the waistcoat has got me thinking that you need to go on a search for the teddy bear it came from. Love your cat's name, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I forgot to mention it was definitely home-made! it had really long ribbons too for the closures which I cut down and added some velcro - strange mystery!

      Delete
  6. I wish i could dress something for 5 minutes to Simão and Matilde!
    Gremlin is amazingly cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so shocked when he let me do it, I was half expecting the claws to come out but it's like he didn't even really know it was on *gasp*

      Delete
  7. oh my gosh he looks so cute in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much my reaction when I put it on him *big smile*

      Delete
  8. How cute is Gremlin!!! :) I have to admit that If I stumble into a toy store I look for plushies clothing that will fit Juno hahaha However she is not very fond of clothing, she only owns a cape and has developed the skills to get rid of it in matter of seconds, clever one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you? that's so awesome Damaris, I may have to start doing the same :P

      Delete
  9. Gremlin is the coolest, and now best-dressed, kitten.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)