Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Byron Road Trip - Day 1

I've been to Byron Bay a few times but never with Ben and after hearing that Ben had never been I forcefully suggested it would be a great place to spend a few days at :) We literally only stayed two nights but I'm already reminiscing over how fond our holiday was! 

Today's entry is suitably titled 'day 1' :)


The cutest thing happened on our journey a little girl in another car kept waving at Gremlin. Actually we kind of suspected the family over took us so the little girl could get a proper look/wave. I took this photo just afterwards of gremlin :)

He finds the best spots :)


Arriving at the most random camp experience I've ever stayed at. We actually drove around town looking for a spot and all of them said "no pets" until we rang up the info centre and they directed us to Belongil Fields :)

Despite being a large camp grounds, (used to be home to a fairly big music festival) they had all of us campers in the one spot, we quickly learned we had two very different neighbours, a pair of AC/DC (very Aussie music!) dudes and some trance loving peeps on the other end of the spectrum. It made me smile repeatedly during our stay. The first night Ben and I actually fell asleep listening to the sounds of some rather uninspiring courtship attempts from the AC/DC dude :p

We arrived late afternoon, set up our tent, hang out read books and then went for a wander around town :)





Dinner was some yummo kebabs from bay kebabs.

 Which I can happily recommend :)
(although as Ben said, you can't really mess up a kebab!)



 And we finished the night off with some gelati :)
I'm going to try and get the rest of the entries up over the week before I forget what actually happened :P

Catch Day 2 here
and Day 3 here

20 comments:

  1. do you take Gremlin with you to the restaurants too? I'm still intrigued by the fact that you travel with your cat. absolutely unimaginable with mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah we didn't to the restaurant he was happily asleep at that stage :)

      Delete
  2. I think that is so sweet that you travel with gremlin! I would totally overtake to wave at a cat in a car :-P I love that bay motel sign- so tacky and good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knew you would like that one :) Actually come to think of it I'd probably wave at a cat in a car too :P

      Delete
  3. Gremlin makes everything better just by being in the pictures <3
    i would kill people music at tonight next to my tent ahahah!
    All that food sounds wonderful :)
    looking forward for your next posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww :)
      Luckily I was in a happy mood, ready to laugh at anything!

      Delete
  4. I think this is brilliant - a cat travelling companion!!

    I find it so easy to loose myself in your photos. Thank you for sharing them with us x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you take Gremlin with you on road trips, he's gotten so big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he has! Everyone comments that, I don't notice so much because I see him everyday but when I look back at photos I can see he is no longer a little kitten!

      Delete
  6. aww that is so cute the little girl waved to gremlin. he looks satisfied. and he does find the best spots!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a cute experience, he is definitely okay with car travel and I'd say he even prefers longer trips cause he just finds a good spot and goes to sleep :)

      Delete
  7. aw, so sweet that the little girl waved! I would do the same! it is awesome that you take Gremlin along on your adventures, I wish I could with mine!

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a nice addition to be able to bring a pet :)

      Delete
  8. Gremlin really does find the best spots!! Oh and I giggled at your neighbour's uninspiring courtship attempts bit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing pics Fee!!! What a wonderful photographic place, those retro signs are just my thing! Love all your pics, specially (obviously) the Gremlin ones, love how the light outlines his little (cutest) head, good photo eye Fee! Oh! so happy to be catching up after this summer vacations, missing seeing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Can't wait to see your photos too! Thanks for all the love!

      Delete
  10. Awww forgot to mention! Yay golden jelly shoes!!! Love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jelly shoes are the bomb! I actually got these from the thrift store, Ive been seeing them pop up but never in my size so I got a bit excited about these ones :)

      Delete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)