Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Pulling Portra 160

I've got some Portra 160 film to show you guys. I popped the film into my canon 1000f film camera, set the film speed to 100 and then had it processed at 160. Just so I'm using correct terminology (from my research) this is called pulling film in shooting (unnecessary to do anything further in processing). I'm loving the pulling because it gives the film a bit less contrast and more details in shadows and generally more dreamy-esque :) I also overexpose my shots by one or two stops to make sure there are nice and bright :) :) Onto the photos! Oh and just as a side note, there are a couple of shots in black and white, I just edited those digitally because I liked them better in b&w.

Ben and I found a fake flower at the beach which has started the idea that I should do a series of these!



Peachy Girl!








Film is fun!

And if you want to know how I scan my film you can see the tutorial here and here

6 comments:

  1. So so gorgeous! I am such a sucker for beautiful photos and these are stunning! Wish I knew about film so I can create beautiful photos too!

    Studio Aveline
    https://studioaveline.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank-you! Film is a little daunting at the start but it becomes really easy once you know a few things :)

      Delete
  2. I really love the dreamy effect, Fee. These shots are gorgeous <3

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to stick with this process at least for a while anyway :) :)

      Delete
  3. I love how they turned out Fee! And I love how you always put your research to work and explain it to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey if it's helpful to at least one other person - that's awesome :) Plus I have a really terrible memory and often have to revisit my own posts - oops!

      Delete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)