Thursday, April 13, 2017

bought/gift/made /08

I really enjoy this little blog series it makes me appreciate the things in my life :)

First up in the bought category this coffee body scrub I bought from my local supermarket. It's Australian made (not sure it's available worldwide) but the thankyou brand is pretty amazing, they donate 100% of profits to help get sanitation services to people in need, with a desire to help end global poverty. They even include a tracker code on each product to see where you assigned funds go to!  

On a sidenote, I also see the crazy privilege in buying a product that is total luxury and my only defense is I'm trying hard to be super grateful and appreciative and trying to be more conscious everyday how I live life and spend my money (baby steps!)

In the made category, I built Ben and I holders for our clay tools.  Previously the tools were just jumbled in a box but now we can see them all better :)

And to end on a super sweet note, Ben sent me this card whilst he was away at work and gave me the cutest little succulent washi tape when I saw him in real life - which was such an amazing reunion!



Ben actually posted a picture on his Instagram which gave away his home coming, he thought I wouldn't check Instagram because I was working at a wedding and normally I don't but I just so happened to arrive to the 'getting ready' location a bit too early and had some time to kill! I rang Ben and he totally denied he was coming home but I was pretty excited the whole wedding thinking he might be at home when I got home :) :) So yup, he was - the give away being his car cover was off and the kitchen light was on and I remember turning it off before leaving for work, so I yelled out a tiny "don't scare me Ben" and then we had a super long tight hug!

4 comments:

  1. Whoa, that tools holder you made is brilliant! I really love this series of yours too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon and I can officially report it's been super practical too!

      Delete
  2. Ben sounds super super sweet!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified of further replies click the "notify me" box (in the bottom right hand corner)